Advanced Issues Facing Custody Litigators and Guardians ad Litem
This seminar, part of the ICLE: State Bar of Georgia Series, provides 7 CLE hours (1 professionalism hours and 6 trial practice hours). Click on the brochure image to download a PDF brochure. Register online by Oct. 9 for a discounted rate here.
DBA Member Georgia Lord will preside, and many familiar names from our Family Law Section will lead discussions on topics including:
- Determining Legal Parenthood in this Era of Assisted Reproductive Technology – and How Much Did Patton v. Vanterpool Change the Rules?
- Tackling Potentially Polarizing (and Paralyzing) Issues in Custody Cases – As GAL, As Party Counsel, or as a Mediator
- Effectively Preparing Your Client for Litigation, Mediation and Trial
- The Profound Challenge of Childhood Trauma
- Cross-Cultural Considerations in Custody Litigation in Our Diverse Community
- Understanding Your Therapy and Evaluation Options: What Would Be Most Useful in Your Custody Case
- Using Technology in Custody Litigation and Co-Parenting
- Crafting Custody Settlements and Parenting Plans that Solve Tricky Problems
- Judges Panel Discussion
A continental breakfast and lunch are included in your registration fee.
Register now and get more information on the State Bar of Georgia website.